Class A Permit | DOT Medical Card
In order to obtain your Class A CDL drivers license, you must first get a Class A CDL permit. To get the permit, you will need to be able to pass a general knowledge exam at your local DMV office. (Division of Motor Vehicles)
You will need to contact your local DMV for instructions and fees required to obtain your Class A Permit. They may also be able to furnish you with study material needed to pass the CDL general knowledge exam.
Class A Permit Sample Questions. (These are just a few sample questions. It is recommended that you get additional practice material from your local DMV as each State has different CDL requirements. Correct answers are in blue.)
1. If the vehicle ahead of you is smaller than yours, it is:
2. What is your most important way to see the sides and rear?
3. Empty trucks have the best braking.
4. What is hydroplaning?
5. What is black ice?
6. If you swing wide to the left before turning right another driver may try to pass you on the right.
7. Whenever you double your speed, it will take about _____ times as much distance to stop.
8. What is the first thing you should do if your brakes fail while driving downhill?
9. When you must stop on a one-way or divided highway, you should place your reflective triangles at which of the following locations?
10. Why should you be in the proper gear before starting down a hill?